Thursday, May 28, 2009

growing up

growing up is painful. We find ourselves in a twist of emotional storms that carry us into a state of unrest. Many people who have done some growing up will tell you that it is rather painful. Some people refuse to grow up while others of us have no choice to do it.
"in my stars I am above thee, but be not afraid of greatness. some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness; thrust upon them" William Shakespear
The next thing i have on my mind is fearing what we are going to do while growing up. one of our great presidents provides me with a quote here.
The only thing we have to fear is fear itself. Franklin D. Roosevelt
We are growing up. It seems that everyday that passes something looms around the horizon ready to knock us down. this is when we must find the courage and be completely stead fast in our beliefs as humans, and as earthly beings.
it is up to the young of today to carry the old into tomorrow. dont be afraid to grow up do it, use all the guidance and strength you can muster from those around you. Steadfast, and may god carry us all into his kingdom one day at a time.

1 comment:

Britany said...

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you so much! That helped me feel a good bit better.

You are right. I'm glad I could help you find that Shakespeare quote. :)

You're awesome! Don't ever forget this advice when you become a senior and have to move on with the rest of your life. :) I'll be here though to offer any help I can.